San Diego Whale Watching Tours
Get Excited! Because You’ve Found San Diego’s Best Whale Watching Experience! Year Round Whale Watching Tours.
- Unlike the cruise boats, we use 6-12 passenger R.I.B. boats, for a fast, up close and personal wildlife experience.
- Highest chance of seeing the big guys with the area’s most knowledgeable and fun guides.
- If you are looking for adventure, our low profile RIB boats are the way to go.
This tour has something to offer for everyone! From the sightseer, the thrill seeker to the marine lover, our San Diego whale watching tour is one of the best things to experience in San Diego! Our boats put you up close and personal with the beautiful creatures of the ocean without the hassle of the crowds! With just 6-12 people per boat, every seat has 360 views.
Watch the video and reserve your spots in advance because the boats will fill up.
Three-Hour Exploration Adventure
If you love whales and dolphins, this is your chance to see these incredibly intelligent animals up close!
December through April you will get the chance to meet Gray, Fin, and Humpback whales.
This is your chance to have some amazing face time with Gray whales, who are one of the friendliest whale species. These curious and playful whales will often come right up to our boat! The Fin and Humpback Whales are also super fun to watch. An amazing sight is the Fin whale who is one of the fastest swimmers and will leap completely out of the water. The most exciting encounters are the ones we have with our resident Humpback Whales who we get get see throughout the entire year on our San Diego whale watching tours!
May through December you will have the opportunity to see Blue, Minke, Fin, and Humpback whales.
You will have the thrill of your life when you see the Blue whales – the largest animals ever known to live on planet earth. Blues like to travel alone and when you get to see them in pairs or with their calves it’s unforgettable! The Minke whales are one of the smallest and also the most curious—we like to think they are “people watching” right back at us. We never tire of riding along with Humpback and Fin whales here in San Diego every month of the year! Up close, you will get to see Humpbacks, who love to frolic, and the Fin whales who race by at super fast speeds.
Dolphins and Breathtaking Views All Year Long
Whales are the main attraction but we love to be greeted by pods of graceful and friendly dolphins! Dolphins glide through the ocean right along side our boats and play in the wake and the pressure wave under the boat just arms reach away from the passengers. Plan on seeing stunning views of the San Diego skyline from the ocean, too!
At one with the ocean
This is an incredible ride on a Navy Seal designed boat. We glide through the ocean at ultra fast speeds to make the most of your adventure. Our boats are known for being low to the water, which make your trip even more spectacular. No other vessel will allow you reach the animals so closely and have complete 360-degree views.
Tour Length: 3 hours
San Diego Whale Watching Tour Features
- Our Captains are all US Coast Guard licensed and Marine naturalist/experts
- Zodiac US Navy SEAL Team R.I.B. (Rigid Inflatable Boat), Twin 150 HP Evinrude (US Coast Guard Certified)
- Willard US Navy SEAL Team R.I.B. (Rigid Inflatable Boat), Cummins Turbo Diesel (US Coast Guard Certified)
- Nautica US Navy SEAL Team R.I.B. (Rigid Inflatable Boat), Twin Yanmar Turbo Diesels
- Departs from Sheraton Hotel and Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego 92101